Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cardboard Box

If I had a cardboard box
I'd fill it up with things.
I'd pretend they made me happy
and fake the joy they bring.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He'd fill it up with love
His finest gifts he'd give to you
From the Father up above.

If I had a cardboard box
I'd make you feel real bad.
I'd yell, I'd scream, I'd wave my sign
You killed what you could have had.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He wouldn't make a sign
He would write the words
I love you on it and hold it way up high.

If I had a cardboard box
I'd find myself some glue.
I'd make a giant castle
And never invite you.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He'd turn it into gold.
Build you a shiny castle
And make your shack a memory of old.

If I had a cardboard box
I'd trade it in for money
I wouldn't help anyone
I'd spend it all on honey.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He'd make a travelling stand
He'd use it for everyone
To give a helping hand.

If I had a cardboard box
I'd pretend it was a picnic basket
I'd feast on mountains every day
but wouldn't let you have it.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He'd make it so very sweet
He'd feed the ten's of thousands
To make sure they all had food to eat.

If I had a cardboard box
I would not use it for good
I would spoil it's value
and use it for what I never should.

If Jesus had a cardboard box
He would treasure what's inside
He would never let it's value
Find a place to hide.

If I had a cardboard box
I should not use it for me
I would take my little box
and make it what Jesus wants it to be.

No comments: