Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Morning World!

This morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. My fault? I don't like to think so.

Lately life has been "crazy" and unfortunately for me when things get "messy" my state of consciousness does not effect my thought process. Sleep becomes less deep and I get grouchy!

At least I can admit it.

My husband had to leave early for work this morning and I was left to get the wee man ready for a fun filled day with his Nan on my own.

We started off our day together with spilt cereal, him not wanting to eat his breakfast, a fit because he wasn't allowed to smear Shreddies all over my stairs, an un-contented bath time and then his toothbrush in the toilet.

At this point I was ready to pack it in, and go back to bed.


After getting myself pulled together I had to chase him around trying to get his clothes to stay on his body. Finally we were out the door and I was quite happy to get him to his Nan's for the day.

I dropped the peanut off for the day and then off to work I went. Feeling life underneath my right shoulder blade I drove into town. The movie preview of my life was scrolling through my mind and I was getting ready for a really crappy day. It's been said that attitude has an effect on the day but what do they know! :)

As I pulled up to the stop lights it turned red. I grumbled because I had lots to do before the store opened up. As I checked all ways to see if I could safely turn I saw my husband getting into his little car with an enormous bouquet of flowers. My first thought was "who's the lucky lady?" then when I suppressed my attitude I thought "what a sweetie!"

I pulled into my parking spot and my husband jumped out and presented me with a beautiful token of his love and appreciation! I was so thrilled! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We left the store, and headed our separate ways. I ran into a friend and she tagged along for a while and helped me get some of the last minute errands run!! Awesome...

While I was standing in line at the post office, just before I was rudely insulted, my husband stuck his head in the door and said he had bought me a lovely cup of Java and left it in my cup holder.

He was quickly racking up the brownie points this morning, and all before 10.

I must say, by the time I got back to my store, and settled in for my day I got an attitude adjustment. The good kind too, not the kind my parents always warned me about before I got the back of their hand or the belt.

I must say, I am really thankful for my husband! He is awesome.

More than once today I have had women ask me about the bouquet of flowers lying on the counter and I tell them my amazing husband delivered those this morning. They ask, "What is the occasion?" I respond with, "There is no occasion, just because!"
With shock and bewilderment they stare at me and say, "There aren't many men like that anymore. I wish my husband would do that. I haven't received flowers in X number of years. You are lucky." My response, "Yes I am."

I absolutely am.

No comments: