Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blossoms and Blooms

Gardening is not where I place my pride. My thumb is a pinkish tone and there is absolutely no green to be found near the end of that digit. I am clueless to what is a weed and what is a beautiful flower. I like to think that the beauty of the growth is in the eye of the beholder.

Weeds can be nice too.

We now live on a beautiful farm. It is the home where I grew up. After some spring cleanup it is starting to look a little more enchanting and inviting. We have much work to do yet but we will get it done. Thankfully my mother has an eye for colour and placement and knows her stuff when it comes to gardening. Her flowerbeds are amazing and now that we live there I can say my flowers are beautiful!

Here is a sampling of the beauty in my gardens:
















4 comments:

poppy love said...

love the photos of the lilacs with the farm building in the background. Great depth of feild usage.

Leah Joy said...

thank you!

poppy love said...

no but I think I'm in love with it!

Leah Joy said...

I'm ok with you crushing on my photo as long as martin is