Friday, May 28, 2010

I Said Yes to a Dress

I love TLC's show "Say Yes to the Dress."

I am addicted.

One of the best things about having a husband who works a lot means that I have full control of the TV. Every night I tune in while I eat my dinner. My poor son has been tainted by TLC, girlie shows like America's Next Top Model and old 70's sitcoms. But I'm sure he will turn out OK.

I watched the new episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" the other night. I love to watch to see the different styles of dresses and the elaborate designs. I educate myself in figure flattering styles and find out what the trends are in bridal. I am not really too sure why I care. Maybe, just in case I need another bridal gown I will be prepared. Maybe when I marry my rich senior citizen or possibly for a vow renewal.

This show is full of drama. Mother vs. daughter, maid of honour vs. no official role friend. The intensity of it all. I really don't care about that part but watching this episode made me think about my dress shopping experience.

I don't remember having the drama. I don't remember fighting with my mother regarding price. I remember it being fun and relaxing. Every visit to the dress shoppe was fun and exciting. I tried on gowns and after only a few I found IT.

Here are a few shots of some real duds.


































And the piece de la resistance
The dress that made me say YES!