Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blog Apology

Blogging has taken the back seat lately. It's unfortunate for it because the back seat usually makes me car sick. I guess in a way my blog has expressed nausea. We have pulled the car over and it is sick.

Life is really busy! Sadly too busy that I can't even sit and jot down a few thoughts. We are closing our store which is a tonne of work. It's summer and I am trying to enjoy the sunshine and happiness that comes with it. We are opening our satellite store at a local camp the end of this week. Somewhere I have a child that is probably sporting some kind of jingly, dangle necklace and a head band to accent his diaper. My husband had a heart attack and I need to take care of him to ensure that I am doing all I can to give him a happy, stress free life. That takes a lot out of a person. Not the husband thing, just the busy-ness of life in general.

My body is craving sleep. Usually I am a 9pm to bed, 6:30am to rise type girl. I take pride in that. It's the farm girl in me. Trust me that is as far as the farm runs in me. Ask the hungry chickens, they will tell you. Now I am scrubbing drool off the couch because I nap during the day (this is new for me) and I am in bed whenever and up whenever. I need routine when it comes to my sleep.

Secretly, this post is an apology. That sounds proud, but I am apologizing to myself, as well as the neglected blog. Sorry I didn't give you Gravol. I need to take time for me and you. That is a huge confession. Even though I am built like an ox, it doesn't mean I have the stamina. I need to take a break. I need to de-stress and indulge in the things I enjoy. For me writing is a huge release for my mind and my soul.

Dear Blog,
I am sorry I abandoned you in a time when I should have embraced you. In the moments when I really needed you I turned my back. I caused you pain, I made you appear weak and you are only a reflection of who I am. It's not your fault. Get out of the back seat, put the baggie down and lets cruise together, front seat style. I hope I don't break your heart or my promise again.

LJ

1 comment:

poppy love said...

ok you crack me up...but you knew that.