Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Emotional Eater's Recipe Share Time -Yummy Nachos


Life has been hectic lately. People I don't even know have told me how busy my life has been the last few months. How they know I am not too sure, probably nursing home gossip groups. I blame them for all the dirt, my Grandma always knows the biz.

Anyhoo... When things get tough I eat. It's totally my vice. I love food, it loves me so we spend time together.

Last night after a very hot, very crazy busy day we saddled up to the table to partake in some tasty nachos. They were delicious.

Here's how some lonely chips, tasty veggies, beef and spices became my dinner.

Brown 1lb of lean ground beef (or if it's a bad day medium ground beef, more grease)
with
1 onion chopped
1 clove of garlic, pressed
salt & pepper to your liking

While that browns and sizzles, fill a cookie tray with your favourite tortilla chips. On a good day I would use whole wheat, 50% less salted chips but last night we used Good Ol' Fashioned Restaurant style tortilla chips. So salty.

When the beef mixtures is brown spread it on top of the chips. Then chop tomatoes and green peppers to your likeness. No measurements. Whatever looks good. Sprinkle these ingredients on top.

Add green olives, black would be good as well.

Top with as much cheese as you would like. Experiment. Mix cheeses.

Throw it all in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and then it's time to feel happy!

Consume this tasty dish with sour cream and the salsa of your choice. I like mild just because I don't enjoy heat.

And that's it. That is the tale of my dinner. It made me feel better. It was lovely and it inspired some family time. Bon appetit!

LJ

No comments: